Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Handmade Roundup: Post-Apocalyptic Fashion

As you may have noticed, I am entirely into the handmade apocalypse. I've done the zombie goodies the generally apocalyptic stuff, but what if you're stuck with nothing to wear after the world ends?

Here are some ideas.

Raggedy dress from Black Orchid Designs. I love statement that describes "hand tortured layers".

Rusty old gear earrings by Phenocryst Originals not hand tortured, but hand rusted!

"Desert Trash" O-Ring and Fabric Cowl. Love the name! This comes from Sarah Viscera.

Canister gasmask by GPS Hardware. I have to admit, I find this one a bit terrifying.

Chest Harness from Velvet Mechanism. Definitely steampunky, but has enough of a post-apoc feel to suit this roundup (since I may do steampunk in another month this year!)

Mad Max style thigh holster.  Useful in a post-apocalyptic wasteland! This is by Magnolia Leather Works.

Settler's Sack from May Tree Ark. This one's sold, but they have other similar things - and who knows when they'll have another. I'd like it for wandering a deserted wasteland, or hey, for taking to the library.

Okay, I couldn't resist another steampunky one. But these two-tone goggles from Jaded Minx are perfect for those end-of-the-world days too.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning the settlers sack. I hold my original and unique designs close to my heart and will have to make another one asap so more folks can enjoy them. I have often thought of my designs as perfect fit if ever the waters rising and you've got to run like hell but how do you advertise that without looking gloomy. I'm here to say you did a great job at getting that message across, for sure. Thank you. You have great blog and talent. I'll be back to read more! Be well, Catherine of may.tree.ark

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all fine and good and really cool fashions, I'm wondering how you found them??!! But when the apocalypse comes, who's gonna have time to coordinate their backpack/gun/outfit/and boots, we'll be too busy trying to survive...LOL!!!

    great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi - Exactly, that's why you have to buy them now - so you'll have them just in case! ;) Most were found through a search on Etsy for "apocalypse" or "post apocalyptic"!

    Catherine - Thank you and you're welcome! I'm glad you like my post-apocalyptic use for your bags as well, since I know that wasn't quite the way you were marketing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress and the chest harness. You can't just wear any old thing to the apocalypse. It's a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the knapsack, the chest harness (with the matching belt, of course) and the dress. I agree that the gas canister is terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've looked at that chest harness so many times, I'm surprised I haven't bought it a dozen times over. LOVE the dress. It would probably look horrid on me, but I have so much want right now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you buy it Seleste? Someone did! (Although there's another one in the shop)

    ReplyDelete